Re: Help IC-7000 no RX after turning the dial (vfo)

Steve W3AHL

Just to make sure I understand the problem:  when you change frequency, in RX is there any audio heard and is it only static?  In TX there is audio, but only static, heard  by the receiving station?

Does this happen on all bands (HF/VHF/UHF)?  All modes (CW/USB/FM)?  How often does this happen (always, usually, occasionally)?  Is it worse on one band than others?

Does the frequency seem stable and accurate when listening to one frequency, with no slow or rapid drifting?  Do you notice a change between when the radio is cold compared to warm?

When you transmit, what does the ALC indicator show (and in what mode)?

To test just the audio DSP circuit on the Logic board, try making a voice recording (page 96 in my user manual), then listening to it.  Does the audio sound OK?

Any other details, such as what you were doing when the problem first appeared, etc. might help.

 Steve, W3AHL

---In ic7000@..., <py6th@...> wrote :

Hello guys,

I came by to report a problem on my ICOM IC-7000, and see if anyone can help repair logic in search of the solution:

equipment alloy usually has Rx and Tx signal, but to change the frequency by dial (VFO) or up / down / memory he completely loses reception and transmission is audio but only "static". Only returning regular reception after turn on again.

What I've done:
  applied reset, checked flat cables and wiring.
  But not yet took the plates, only the covers.
Does anyone have an idea? Which line should I follow the service manual search solution ... DDS, Main Unit, PA Unit, Logic, Display Unit?

PS .: I know the most basic of electronics and only have soldering station, dummy load, digital / analog meter, power meter and patience.

Grateful to all.
73's
PY6TH