Re: [IC-7000] Ic 7000 and Ham Radio Deluxe

Jim Townsend

Before you do anything with HRD, you need to make sure that your RT cable is working with Windows.

Open the 'Device Manager'.   Look at 'Ports (COM & LPT).  Click the little arrow on the left.

When you plug in the cable, a COM port should be created.  When you unplug the cable, the COM port should disappear.    Is this happening?

If so, right click on the COM port icon.  Then select the Port Setting tab.  You will see the bits per second etc that the port is set to.  (9600 bits per second is default).  Make sure that the HRD settings match the Device Manager port settings.

73 de Jim VE4CY

On Tuesday, January 26, 2016 5:30 AM, "Colin Christie colin.christie34@... [ic7000]" wrote:

Using win 10 (hate it) using version hrd 5.4 no other devices attached other than the mouse. Using the Rt software cable and also normal usb to plug cable. No luck with either.

73 Colin

From:"'i2jjr-hotmail.com' i2jjr@... [ic7000]"
Date:Tue, 26 Jan, 2016 at 19:56
Subject:Re: [IC-7000] Ic 7000 and Ham Radio Deluxe

I used HRD 5 and 6, with com2 at 19200 baud, if I remember it right, both on XP and win7pro.
What version of HRD and what for an OS are you using?
I2JJR

Il 26/01/2016 07:59, RK rkmr15203@... [ic7000] ha scritto:
The last Microsoft I played with was XP. Usb ports get lost. I remember having to go to some hardware settings, that listed all devices and turn on and off USB settings, two, three, and four times, to get it to lock on. Pull all other gadgets, printers, scanners, and try with just one device (radio).

On Jan 26, 2016, at 0:46, "Colin Christie colin.christie34@... [ic7000]" <ic7000@...> wrote:

Hi all, Despite all efforts I can not get my HRD to connect with my Ic7000. It has before sometime ago. Ok Cvi is off on rig address 70h, 300 baud on both rig and software.Tried Rts etc ticked and unticked. It still will not connect. I should have made a not of the settings I had prev I usly.
Any thouhouts folks.