Re: [IC-7000] Screwdriver Antenna Controller

Perry K4PWO <k4pwo@...>

CI-V is a “one wire plus ground” simplex serial protocol using open collector/drain transmitter devices. They can be wire-ORed with no problem unlike normal RS-232/TTL level duplex serial.

Perry K4PWO

From: ic7000@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ic7000@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2016 9:04 AM
To: ic7000@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [IC-7000] Screwdriver Antenna Controller

Please report to group whether or not the Y connector works.

I don't think it will work. But the reason may have more to do with sharing a COM port, which does not work and requires the use of a virtual serial port.

Steve, WA8Y

On 1/21/2016 9:42 PM, 'Perry K4PWO' k4pwo@comcast.net <mailto:k4pwo@comcast.net> [ic7000] wrote:

I believe you can "wire OR" the CI-V port, i.e., use a commercial 1/8" (3.5mm) stereo "Y" cable.

Perry K4PWO