Thanks.  Problem seems to have resolved by setting the speed to "auto-detect".  It now works fine as long as I don't disconnect anything ;)

Juliean
KQ2Z

On Jan 10, 2016, at 12:28 AM, KF2M kf2m@... [ic7000] <ic7000@...> wrote:

Try 9600 baud, iirc also make sure the radio is set to 9600 too. From experience HRD doesn't play nice with USB. Isn't that a programming cable you are using?

Sent from Outlook Mobile

From: Juliean Galak jgalak@... [ic7000]
Sent: Saturday, January 9, 10:29 PM
Subject: [IC-7000] Rig control settings
To: Juliean Galak jgalak@... [ic7000]

I'm trying to connect HRD to my new IC-7000 and am having trouble. I'm using a RT Systems USB-RTS01 cable. Drivers are installed and HRD recognizes the cable. But when trying to read frequency from the rig, it's failing.

I'm using the recommended settings: speed 38400, ci-v address 70. I've tried every combo of DTR and RTS.

Any ideas?

Juliean
KQ2Z