Re: [IC-7000] Relay to control 12V power to IC-17000

MICHAEL CROGNALE <mcrognale@...>

Thanks Bob. Great idea. I’ve been meaning to get an extra car battery for power outages anyhow. I’ll try that.
Mike
W3LNA
On Jun 26, 2015, at 7:40 AM, Bob Mueller bob@... [ic7000] <ic7000@...> wrote:

Mike,
Do you have a car battery that you could borrow from another car?  Try a temporary setup, running from a second car battery that’s not connected to the car’s power at all.  Start the car and determine if you still have the noise.  That will determine whether you’re getting noise from the power connection or from the antenna / feed line system.  If it’s from the antenna/feed, then you have more bonding to do.  If it’s coming from the power, then some suppression / conditioning will help.

"The whole of that Bill [of Rights] is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals... [I]t establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." --Albert Gallatin, letter to Alexander Addison, 1789

MICHAEL A CROGNALE
mcrognale@...