Re: [IC-7000] Re: Relay to control 12V power to IC-17000

Milo Austin

Yes, as has been reported previously, even the in-line fuses can cause a problem (even serious) if not very, very tight.  Though I am at a loss as to why they consider it necessary to fuse both lines, given the increased odds of failure of the connection, and the increased resistance of two fuses.  I did retain the setup when I rewired my power cord, but I don't like it.  I made a pig-tail of sorts with a 50-amp PowerPole so I could change to different types of hook-up cords (super heavy long run, or lighter short run, different connector end, etc.)

Milo,
KF5GCF

On 2015/06/22 8:55 pm, 'w2ttt@...' w2ttt@... [ic7000] wrote:

Bob,
If you like the wireless relay, use it to trigger a 25-30A relay.
73,
Gordon, W2TTT
201.314.6964

Sent from Samsung tablet