From: Norm
To: ic7000@...
Sent: Sunday, November 10, 2013 8:40 PM
Subject: Re: [IC-7000] Reception on 6 meters

On 11/10/2013 4:17 PM, paulgibb@... wrote:

Hello All -

I am a new member of this group and fairly new to amateur radio.

My question involves settings I might check/change in the IC 7000 to improve reception on the 52-54 MHz portion of the 6 meter band.  We are installing about 30 IC 7000s in local emergency operations centers and in most places we are using a triband 6/2/440 antenna either a Comet GP-15 or a Diamond V2000A.

The 7000 uses one antenna connector for VHF/UHF, and another for HF (thru 54 MHz).  Using a triband antenna, you must switch the triband antenna between the transceiver antenna connections when going from 6m to VHF/UHF.

Norm
W6NIM