What is typical IC-7000 output/SWR question

Craig Pitcher

Sorry if this topic may have been covered in the past, but I am new to the group.

I am the second owner of an IC-7000 and have it in my shack programing memories and getting familiar with it.

I planned on putting it in my mobile, when I noticed that when transmitting that Key down, it does not put out a full 100 watts.

From previous posts, I cleaned the corrosion on the fuses and upped the voltage on my Aston switcher to about 14 volts. I notice the power varies with SWR, but seems to be way to sensitive as a 1.3 to 1 SWR cuts it to 77-79 watts depending on band, and a 1.2 to 1 it goes to about 96 watts and at 1.1 to 1 I got it to go to 100. this is a decrease of over 30% at SWR's that most would consider good. I also don't know if my cars alternation puts out 14 volts.

When mobiling, my Hustlers only get down to only 1.3 at their most favorable frequency.

I would expect to get a minimum of 100 watts at that SWR and maybe a little more on a near perfect load.

Is this normal, or does my rig need repairs?

Thanks,

Craig