Retransmission of Received Audio

Eugene Coggins

Hello everyone:

I am new to amateur radio so forgive me if I fail to use the proper nomenclature. And I am a proud owner of an IC-7000.

Several of my local contacts who own Kenwoods have the ability to record my transmission for about five or ten seconds and transmit it back to me. That way I can hear how I sound on the radio. This can be a very valuable tool.

I have read and reread the chapter on Voice Recorder Functions in the manual. It seems that you can record a received transmission and are only able to play it back, but not retransmit it. You can record your voice through the microphone and transmit it. But it seems you cannot retransmit received audio.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Gene
73