Revised: [IC-7000] Re: Tuner Control Socket LOW Poer

DogLover2

Let me revise this a bit...

I took the voltage readings at the connector as well as on the dds board and all were the same. I took the reading from the ACC pin 8 with a solid 13.89v.

I have 2 auto-tuners. Both LDG. An AT-7000 and an AT-600Pro. Both work on my other 7k with 13.89v out of pin 3 on the tcs.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 31 Aug 2012 00:16:38 GMT
To: ic7000@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [IC-7000] Re: Tuner Control Socket not funtioning

You didn't mention where you took the voltage reading -- at the header on the DDS or at the TUNER socket on the rear panel?. Also, was it during RX idle? I would check the voltage at the input to the DC supply cable and then where it plugs into radio. If there is more than 100 millivolts drop across the supply cable in RX mode, the fuse holders are bad and need to be replaced. A better test is under TX at 100 watts power into a dummy load. There should be less than 400 millivolts drop.

But this is different than having NO POWER at the TUNER connector. Most autotuners will operate below 12 VDC, assuming its not power a screwdriver motor.

Steve, W3AHL

--- In ic7000@yahoogroups.com, J M <dog_lover_2@...> wrote:

I checked them and there is only 12.98v going through. My other 7k has 13.98v

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 30 Aug 2012 20:26:01 GMT
To: ic7000@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [IC-7000] Re: Tuner Control Socket not funtioning

Remove the top cover and check power on pins 3 & 4 of the connector on the DDS board that the TUNER socket harness plugs into. If there is power there, then the wiring harness to the socket is bad. If there is NOT power on the DDS header (J1001) and the radio transmits OK, then there are two SMT ferrite chokes that may be burned out due to a power short (or the PCB traces between the J951 stacking connector's 14V bus and the J1001 header may be fried or otherwise damaged). If the radio doesn't transmit when the PTT is pushed, check back for the next step....

Steve, W3AHL

--- In ic7000@yahoogroups.com, J M <dog_lover_2@> wrote:

What would cause there to be no power on the Tuner Control Socket?

Jason
NV5DS

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

Community email addresses:
Post message: IC7000@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe: IC7000-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
Unsubscribe: IC7000-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
List owner: IC7000-owner@yahoogroups.com

"Spam, racism, name-calling, vulgarity, religious or political propaganda, personal insults and/or verbal abuse will not be tolerated in this group at any time. Any member posting such material will be placed on moderated status, and is subject to deletion and banning."
Yahoo! Groups Links

------------------------------------

Community email addresses:
Post message: IC7000@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe: IC7000-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
Unsubscribe: IC7000-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
List owner: IC7000-owner@yahoogroups.com

"Spam, racism, name-calling, vulgarity, religious or political propaganda, personal insults and/or verbal abuse will not be tolerated in this group at any time. Any member posting such material will be placed on moderated status, and is subject to deletion and banning."
Yahoo! Groups Links

Join ic7000@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.