From: Steve W3AHL
Sent: 31 Aug 2012 00:16:38 GMT
To: ic7000@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [IC-7000] Re: Tuner Control Socket not funtioning

You didn't mention where you took the voltage reading -- at the header on the DDS or at the TUNER socket on the rear panel?. Also, was it during RX idle? I would check the voltage at the input to the DC supply cable and then where it plugs into radio. If there is more than 100 millivolts drop across the supply cable in RX mode, the fuse holders are bad and need to be replaced. A better test is under TX at 100 watts power into a dummy load. There should be less than 400 millivolts drop.

But this is different than having NO POWER at the TUNER connector. Most autotuners will operate below 12 VDC, assuming its not power a screwdriver motor.

Steve, W3AHL

--- In ic7000@yahoogroups.com, J M <dog_lover_2@...> wrote:

I checked them and there is only 12.98v going through. My other 7k has 13.98v