From: Mark Krotz <mkrotz@cox.net>
To: ic7000@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sun, Aug 12, 2012 16:10:14 GMT+00:00
Subject: Re: [IC-7000] SMOKED - BURNED UP ?

Are you a design engineer? Solid state component operation results in
heat. The heat needs to be dissipated, and mostly it ends up in the
chassis of the radio, where you can feel it. If it didn't get
dissipated in the chassis and surrounding air circulation, then it would
be a problem resulting in the components burning up. The smaller things
are made, this becomes more of a challenge. A challenge that is not by
any stretch unique to the IC-7000.. This is true with many modern
electronic products of today.

This topic has been beaten like a dead horse on this list many times before.

Mark

On 8/12/2012 8:51 AM, rburns2548@charter.net wrote:
Well the rig runs hot and heat is the enemy of solid state components . From the number of heat related messages on this forum it seems to be a problem
Ray wb2mly

Sent via DroidX2 on Verizon Wireless™