From: Eric <oceancocker@gmail.com>
To: ic7000@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sun, Aug 12, 2012 01:21:22 GMT+00:00
Subject: Re: [IC-7000] SMOKED - BURNED UP ?

Take this for what it's worth but I actually asked Icom Tech support about
this issue and they said that it was not a big issue with the driver board,
They contribute a lot of the failures to mismatched antennas and antenna
issues. They said it was important to insure the rig was properly connected
to a good match low SWR antenna. I asked them about the SWR protection in
the rig and they said it was not designed to be continuously run into a
high SWR. They did concede that the radio needed extra attention with
insuring good ventilation but if the radio was used according to their
recommendations that no one should have any major issues with it.

Eric

On Sat, Aug 11, 2012 at 8:37 PM, C.Whitaker <whitaker@ieee.org> wrote:

**

de WB2CPN
All in all they have a good record.
They're small, full of electronics, and some hams
can't deal with that. These hams won't read the book,
so what do you think happens? You're right.
73 Clete
On 8/11/2012 5:51 PM, rburns2548@charter.net wrote:

They dont have enough heat dissipation

Sent via DroidX2 on Verizon Wireless�