To: ic7000@yahoogroups.com
From: ab2et@yahoo.com
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 18:46:52 +0000
Subject: [IC-7000] Re: subject line

Thank you for your concern about the subject line which was "Should I buy a IC-7K"?" which you changed int :subject line

A list member was asking the question of which I answers:

"I liked the two radios that I own since they provide me with operational
continuity, but in my personal opinion the IC-7000 has now reached the "Long in the Tooth" stage.
If you can hold off you may get a more "modern" radio that will provide a better longevity curve.
The 7K at this point is getting close to the "DECADE" mark and it is still in its original non upgradeable format just look at the 60 Meter situation and Icoms answer to perform the "all band" modification but at your own risk"

That is the answer to your QUESTION on the topic!

And to further answer your other retorts.

A stated I own two (2) IC-7000's and I do own the "Official" Icom Service Manual, Thank you for your concern.....

Best Regards.
Steve
AB2ET/4