Re: Should I purchase a IC-7000 ?

Steve Sawicki

I liked the two radios that I own since they provide me with operational continuity, but in my personal opinion the IC-7000 has now reached the "Long in the Tooth" stage.

If you can hold off you may get a more "modern" radio that will provide a better longevity curve.
The 7K at this point is getting close to the "DECADE" mark and it is still in its original non upgradeable format just look at the 60 Meter situation and Icoms answer to perform the "all band" modification but at your own risk.
Regards.
Steve
AB2ET/4

--- In ic7000@yahoogroups.com, "ALAN" <marquis3@...> wrote:

Seen lots of pro's and con's about this tranceiver like overheating and low TX audio. Have these problems been addressed or should I pass?