Re: Powers Off When Speaking

im2old2run

--- In ic7000@yahoogroups.com, "lancehomer" <k7lqh@...> wrote:

I've had an increasingly frequent problem where my IC-7000 powers off. I originally thought it was when I was hitting the PTT on the HM-151, but today I realized it wasn't until I started to speak that it actually powers off. Moreover, it doesn't power off when tuning.

I bought my radio used. Supposedly the mic had the mod done on it already. Do you suspect I have a bid HM-151 or should I try trouble shoot something else?

-Lance K7LQH
I had the same problem...It is caused by RF feedback in the shack.I improved the grounds and added bypass capacitors to the DC supply lines.I also added a current choke on the feedline to the antenna.
Now there is no problems at any power level or on any band.
73 de N8DHC.