Re: [IC-7000] Re: Audio setup

Mark Chalkley

I have a pair of old (but pretty good for the day) Koss closed-back
headphones, so I'll try those as you suggested.

I wonder where the AF Detector Output (ACC pin 12) is in the overall
circuit. I could feed that into my computer's sound card (or recorder)
and record it. As you said, that's probably not the same as recording
it after it's gone through the transmitter circuitry - who knows what
effect that would have...

I guess I could also press my Drake R8B into service using its line
out into my computer or a recorder, with a foot or so of wire for an
antenna and a dummy load or crank the power all the way down...

Mark

Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 10:10:54 AM, you wrote:

What everyone else said, and:
. . . Get a set of closed-back headphones (Sennheiser HD-280 is
. . . a good choice), or "in-the-ear" earbuds
. . . (Skullcandy "Ink'd" or similar) for monitoring.
. . . Set the sound level in the headphones _louder_ than the
. . . sound of your voice as you hear it without the phones on.
On-air testing is always worthwhile. You want to sound good
through another receiver -- not the local "monitor" circuit.
. . Charles VA7CPC
--- In ic7000@yahoogroups.com, mchalkley@... wrote:

All,

I'm in the process of hooking a condenser mic, pre-amp/compressor
strip, etc. up to my IC-7000.

Does anybody have any suggestions on the best way to monitor the audio
as I configure the compression, gain, etc.?

The built-in monitor functionality works fine, but I don't think my
ears can really hear the audio well enough to evaluate it when I'm
talking at the same time...

Any ideas? Should I just try to find someone who's not too far from
my location in Jacksonville, FL to listen and make suggestions, or is
there a better way?

Thanks,

Mark
WC1Z