From: Paul Manuel <k4pdm@...>
To: ic7000@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, April 6, 2012 6:16:13 AM
Subject: Re: [IC-7000] New 60m Rules and implementation requirements on current Icom radios

--- On Thu, 4/5/12, ve7kz <ve7kz@...> wrote:>
My IC-7000 with no modifications at all can transmit 5.255
to 5.405 Mhz. Based on what I read in the manual I thought
it would refuse to transmit on anything but the original 5
US approved 60 meter frequencies. I am located in Canada but
my radio was purchased from HRO on black friday of 2011. It
appears to allow all modes of transmit in those frequency
ranges and has the standard band edge beeps.
My IC-7000, probably manufactured in 2011, does the same as yours--treats 60M just like any other ham band.

73, Paul K4PDM