Re: [IC-7000] Re: Connection Problems IC7000 - CT17 - Ham Radio Deluxe

Luc

Hi again,

Pls control FIRST of all if the remote works!!!!
I have searching a week with software that not connected like hrd,mixw
...you can do all things but if the remote don't give any signals to the pc
it don't work!!
If the ci-v don't communicate with the comport or usb then HRD say "Failed
to read frequency" Om.
"Replaced bad CI-V transistors in the logic unit"

and lists parts under "ITEM, DESCRIPTION, AND SERIAL NUMBERS" as:

1 ea 1510000510 XSTR 2SA1576R A14 7700 7200 F14 F24

1 ea 1530002060 XSTR 2SC4081-R
T107 756PRO3 7200 F14

Hope some of that helps.

Greetings

I have payed 80 to repair my rig here in Belgium!

2011/4/1 CharlesC <cpcohen1945@yahoo.com>

Tim --

I set the IC-7000's CI-V Baud Rate to 9600, CI-V Address is 70h
(default) and CI-V Transceive is ON (since my SteppIR Controller requires
this). I connected the cable from the CT-17 to one of my PC's two serial
ports (the other port is not in use) and the operating system is XP Pro.
There are two 3.5mm patch leads running from the CT-17: one from remote port
(1) on the CT-17 to the IC-7000's CI-V Remote Control Jack and the other
from remote port (4) to the SteppIR Controller. The CT-17 is powered by the
supplied power lead.
<<<

You have two devices -- HRD and the SteppIR Controller -- feeding the same
CT-17 port?

And the connection is bi-directional (that is, each of them both "talks to"
and "listens to" the rig?

That allows HRD to "hear" the signals sent by the SteppIR, and allows the
SteppIR to "hear" the signals sent by HRD for rig control.

Could that be causing the problem?

. . . Have you tried connecting _only HRD_ into the CT-17 jack ?

Charles VA7CPC

PS -- There's a well-known problem with USB-to-serial adapters when the
computer is running Windows 7 (only FTDI chips work with that O/S). But
you're running Windows XP, so that's not _your_ problem.

PPS -- forgive me if I mis-understand the problem. I've never used CT-17
rig control, myself.