Re: [IC-7000] Connection Problems IC7000 - CT17 - Ham Radio Deluxe

Luc

Hi,

I have the seem problems with my rig!!!
The CI-V driver circuit was broking down inside the rig...
You can check that with a scoop on the remote jack...you must see the data
flow on the jack!!!
Or you can connect 2 icoms with a ci-v jack together...(no interface needed)
rig 1 following rig 2 if you turn the dial...

Greetings from ON7KEC Luc

2011/4/1 Timothy McKnight <timmckster@gmail.com>

Thanks for all the responses, but someone has hijacked my question.

I am using a SERIAL CABLE with an old-fashioned DB9 connector that plugs
into my PC in order to avoid the USB-to-serial problems that everyone's
commenting on. I have used Auto-detect for all the connection options in
the HRD connection wizard and it simply does not detect any signal.

Does anyone know how to troubleshoot a lack of connectivity using a SERIAL
CABLE from the CT-17?

Many thanks,

Tim Ei2KA / G2YC

On 1 April 2011 09:49, Graham Saville <graham.saville@sky.com> wrote:

This Email was sent on 01/04/11 at 09:45
Deluxe

Hi All,
There is a variety of USB CT17 cables that do not require a serial to
USB adapters on Ebay. I have one and it works well. I use Linux and I
believe for windows you may need some drivers.

Best 73
From Graham G1RNZ
Good DX.

On 01/04/11 00:30, don leitch wrote:

I have been using an ic 7000 and ct -17 for two years and set it up in
3
computers.

I used auto detect on ALL settings not just the comport, This is from
memory
as I have changed from my ct 17 now to a navigator but there was an
option
to auto detect the com port and the civ address, that was the only way
could get it to work, entering the 70 h didn't work for me. The data
that
came with my navigator talks about serial to usb converters and how
some
work really well and others are a waste of time.

Don zl1atb

From: ic7000@yahoogroups.com <mailto:ic7000%40yahoogroups.com>