From: km6xx
Sent: Friday, June 04, 2010 1:53 PM
To: ic7000@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [IC-7000] Mic sometimes does not key up radio

Ryan-
I think there is a switch reliability issue here. I'm going to try the DeoxIT spray. If that doesn't work, I'm going to try to find a replacement switch. Its just 4 pins to desolder, I think I can do it. Either way I'll let you know.
-Steve

--- In ic7000@yahoogroups.com, Ryan Davis <fj40ryan@...> wrote:

Ok this is getting weird. About 3 weeks ago mine did the same thing and I found if I pushed the ptt at just the right angle and pressure I could get it to go. But then about three days later the problem started getting gradually better and now it's every bit as good/ sensitive as it was originally.

I thought I just had an odd int problem but it turns out maybe we all need a young priest and an old priest? Lol. But seriously, how in the world are we all having the same problem at the same time?

Ryan Davis
r a t i o

On Jun 4, 2010, at 5:40 AM, Jack <K4WSB@...> wrote:

The PTT switch in the mic may have failed

Mine just did and I sent it to AB5N to repair

At 02:26 AM 6/4/2010, you wrote:
I've had my IC 7000 for about 6 months now. Its installed as a
mobile with the remote head option. Just this last week, the radio
started to not respond to PTT on the hand held mic. Or it would
drop TX mid transmission. I tried plugging the mic directly into
the mic port on the back of the radio, but I had the same
results. I've tried wiggling the cable and modular connectors while
pressing the PTT, but I have not had any consistent repeatable results.

Has anyone else had this problem?

-Steve, KM6XX
Jack Hartley
K4WSB / VP2MSB