Re: [IC-7000] AH4 connector

Alan Beagley <ajbeagley@...>

Yes, it's a 4-pin Molex connector, and I did buy one of the male connectors at RadioShack -- but at least on the 706MkIIG it's a different shape from those used in PCs. RS# 274-224.


Alan NV8A

On 04/13/10 02:40 pm, Jim Wright wrote:

It's a 4-pin Molex connector. The same connectors are used in PCs for power
to peripherals, so you may already have some in a junk computer that you can
reuse. The connector has sort of a gender identity problem... the male
pins go in the female plastic housing, and vice versa.
I need to whip up a patch cable for an AH4. The back of the 7K has a
connector on the back referred to as "tuner control socket". (Manual, page
11, #6) I should probably know this but what do you call that socket. If you
were going to order a few of those - both male and female - what do you ask

Join to automatically receive all group messages.