Re: IC-7000 50 watts on some bans?????

Steve W3AHL

What mode were you using for the testing? On 160m & 80m, what does the ALC indicator and the internal SWR meter show at 100% power? If the ALC has ALL of the right most red bars ON, then something is causing the APC to reduce the power. If the internal SWR is below 1.5, that isn't the problem. Based upon your voltage measurements the PA isn't drawing too much current, so that isn't the problem.

About the only thing that makes sense is there is a logic problem selecting the correct HP & LP filters for the lower bands.

Give Icom Service a call and see if they have any ideas. It probably needs to be returned.

Steve, W3AHL

--- In ic7000@yahoogroups.com, "BASILIE" <n8nqu@...> wrote:

Have you measured the TX power into a known good dummy load, bypassing the
tuner? It is unlikely this is a problem with the radio.
Yes,i went into a heath cantenna with no tuner inline and I did check the voltage on pin 3 and 4,I am using a VS-70amp Astron.Here is what I found.

160 meters
100% rf power 20 watts Idle 14.00 volts under load 13.61 volts
50% " " 2 watts " " 13.65 "

80 meters
100% 48 watts " " 13.37 "
50% 5 watts 13.62 "

40 meters
100% 50 watts 13.10 "
50% 8 watts 13.45

20 meters
100% 105 watts 13.29
50% 50 watts 13.05
10 meters 100 watts
100% 100 watts 13.00
50% 50 watts 13.32

I hope this makes sense.

--- In ic7000@yahoogroups.com, "Steve W3AHL" <w3ahl@> wrote:

Have you measured the TX power into a known good dummy load, bypassing the tuner? It is unlikely this is a problem with the radio.

Also, verify the DC voltage at the radio while transmitting at full power. The best place to measure it is on pins 3 & 4 of the antenna tuner connector. It should be 12.8-13.2 volts to get full power output.

More details on your test method would help.

Steve, W3AHL

--- In ic7000@yahoogroups.com, "BASILIE" <n8nqu@> wrote:

Does anybody know why 10-20 meters I have 100 watts and 40-160 meters only have 50 watts??????I am using the radio with the LDG IT-100.It's got me thinking that I have something major wrong with the radio.Serial Number is 05107xx.Thanks Bill N8NQU.73.........