From: BASILIE <n8nqu@avci.net>
To: ic7000@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Mon, April 12, 2010 9:00:12 AM
Subject: [IC-7000] Re: IC-7000 50 watts on some bans?????

Have you measured the TX power into a known good dummy load, bypassing the
tuner? It is unlikely this is a problem with the radio.
Yes,i went into a heath cantenna with no tuner inline and I did check the voltage on pin 3 and 4,I am using a VS-70amp Astron.Here is what I found.

160 meters
100% rf power 20 watts Idle 14.00 volts under load 13.61 volts
50% " " 2 watts " " 13.65 "

80 meters
100% 48 watts " " 13.37 "
50% 5 watts 13.62 "

40 meters
100% 50 watts 13.10 "
50% 8 watts 13.45

20 meters
100% 105 watts 13.29
50% 50 watts 13.05
10 meters 100 watts
100% 100 watts 13.00
50% 50 watts 13.32

I hope this makes sense.

--- In ic7000@yahoogroups. com, "Steve W3AHL" <w3ahl@...> wrote:

Have you measured the TX power into a known good dummy load, bypassing the tuner? It is unlikely this is a problem with the radio.

Also, verify the DC voltage at the radio while transmitting at full power. The best place to measure it is on pins 3 & 4 of the antenna tuner connector. It should be 12.8-13.2 volts to get full power output.

More details on your test method would help.

Steve, W3AHL

--- In ic7000@yahoogroups. com, "BASILIE" <n8nqu@> wrote:

Does anybody know why 10-20 meters I have 100 watts and 40-160 meters only have 50 watts??????I am using the radio with the LDG IT-100.It's got me thinking that I have something major wrong with the radio.Serial Number is 05107xx.Thanks Bill N8NQU.73.... .....