Re: [IC-7000] IC 7000 for use on Mars

ki4txi@...

Thanks again for the info. I will have to get someone to do the mod for me
due to the way my hands tend to shake at times(injuries in the Navy).
I just got through looking at the mods done by Steve N5AC , good work .
73
Donnie
KI4TXI

In a message dated 2/8/2010 3:33:52 P.M. Central Standard Time,
wadams23@cox.net writes:

Donnie,

I have done the mod in the past. It involves taking out one diode, if I
remember right.
Very small tip soldering iron, some small solder wick and magnifing head
set.
On mods.dk, make sure you click on IC-7000 TVRO & MARS Mods by Steve, N5AC
(US version).
Your dealer may be willing to do the mod if you do not have steady hands.
Good luck.

Bill KC7ZZ

From: "DONNIE" <__ki4txi@yahoo._ki_ (mailto:_ki4txi@yahoo.ki4) _