Re: [IC-7000] DTMF with Mic

Jimmy \(WB8NBI\)

Be careful the manual said not to use both mic plugs at the same time.
Jimmy (WB8NBI)

From: Tim Hardy (AF1G)
Sent: Sunday, November 22, 2009 9:50 AM
To: ic7000@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [IC-7000] DTMF with Mic

Great idea, have to try it. Never thought of plugging them both in at the same time even though there are two mic plugs on the radio. Guess we got used to the idea of having the plug one in at a time, as few radios ever had two mic plugs. Gotta change that paradigm.

Tim, AF1G

From: hardyt@member.afa.org
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 23:25:38 -0500

To the best of my knowledge, DTMF tones cannot be generated by the stock mic. You have to purchase a DTMF mic (as I did). I wish Icom had put DTMF tones in the stock mic and never understood why they didn't.... unless they just couldn't cram anything more into it, hi.

Tim, AF1G