From: D C *Mac* Macdonald [mailto:k2gkk@hotmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, November 21, 2009 07:00 AM Eastern Standard Time
To: ic7000@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [IC-7000] DTMF with Mic

It has been quite awhile, but somebody used
a wall-jack for two 8-wire connectors, wired
to accept (and parallel) the standard IC-7000
mic and a DTMF mic. I believe he disconnected
the mic element of the DTMF mic. The "output"
of this connector was then connected to the
IC-7000 mic input.

I suspect you could do a similar "trick" using
a separate DTMF pad. At one time, these were
quite common before manufacturers started to
include DTMF mics with their 2m/70cm rigs.

73 - Mac, K2GKK/5
(Since 30 Nov 53)
Oklahoma City, OK

To: ic7000@yahoogroups.com
From: hardyt@member.afa.org
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 23:25:38 -0500

To the best of my knowledge, DTMF tones cannot be generated by the stock mic. You have to purchase a DTMF mic (as I did). I wish Icom had put DTMF tones in the stock mic and never understood why they didn't.... unless they just couldn't cram anything more into it, hi.

Tim, AF1G