Re: [IC-7000] Re: Program for IC7000

N1GBE

IceComm works pretty well for uploading & downloading channel information to/from the 7000. As a matter of fact, I did just that yesterday.

The one area where it is somewhat lacking is inserting new information in between existing channels. For example, if you already have channel 1 & 2 programmed, there is no easy way to move channel 2 (and all the others after it) down one slot to channel 3. I have been doing this with Notepad, but, it's not easy.

Also, IceComm can export your channels in a csv format but can't import csv files.

RUMtrol is another program just for the 7000, but, I have not been able to get it to work for me.

-------------- Original message from "Weymouth Walker" <weymouth01@comcast.net>: --------------

"Ice Comm" appears to have been written by the same person that posted this reply (ASSAF_X@HOTMAIL.COM) ... Assaf Shool, VA3PCI

The "Ice Comm" program is a scanner controller program for the Uniden SC230, BC246T, UBC3500XLT, BC330T, BCD396, BC346XT, BCD396XT, BCT15X, BCD996XT, BCT15 and BCD996T scanners ...

I must be missing something ... exactly how does this program interface with my
IC-7000?

Weymouth Walker ...
K8EAB

----- Original Message -----
To: ic7000@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, November 08, 2009 8:22 AM
Subject: [IC-7000] Re: Program for IC7000

Ice Comm is one new one that just came out and it is Freeware.

http://scannow.org

Although I am sure you will see many different opinions.

--- In ic7000@yahoogroups.com, "James L. Fisher" <jlfisher@...> wrote:
>
> What is the general concensous of the best program to interface with the
> Icom?
> Does one work better to enter frequencies than another?
>
> thanks
> James
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Join ic7000@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.