To: ic7000@...
From: i2jjr@...
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 10:38:22 +0200
Subject: Re: [IC-7000] mobile install - time to give up

Change the car, just for a test.

FWIW! 73 de Augusto

----- Original Message -----

From: "ke7fgb" <steve@...>

To: <ic7000@...>

Sent: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 4:06 AM

I have already tried a separate battery. The noise is radiated, not
conducted. Just touching the center conductor of the coax (and I have
tried several types, including, LMR400, RG8, RG8X, RG58A/U, etc) to the
radio causes noise so bad that I can't hear anything else (but only with
the engine running).
Oh well. I appreciate all the offers, but the original question stands.
Will I have problems if I shelve the radio without power connected or do I
need to leave the radio plugged into power for the duration?
--- In ic7000@..., "Scott Heath" <radio-man1@...> wrote:
I'm sorry that you've had such trouble with your IC-7000's installation!
A seperate power supply (in this case, a battery) might help with the
noise issue.
As for keeping your radio company, I can do that in my car. Your radio
would have lots of freinds!!
For pictures of my mobile station, go to this link:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2630240
Scott Heath (AF4KK)