From: ic7000@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ic7000@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
ab2et
Sent: 25-Apr-09 14:14
To: ic7000@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [IC-7000] Re: Audio on AM

Good Afternoon Adam,
Yes its "hardcoded" in the firmware....
Sorry to say it but after taking the radios (1) 756Pro and (2) the IC-7000
to the lab it is NOT possible to do it on the 7k, cheesy cell phone codec
used.
You can get better "sounding" performance using Bob's modified mike as it
provides a bit more "drive" and it uses a better element (did a sweep of the
stock and his (no point in using the comp with his) the stock is dismal....
The best is using the ACC input.
But lets face it this is a mobile and can you imagine all of the "escaped
smoke" problems if you used it full throttle on AM, you would never have any
peace.......

Best regards.
Steve
AB2ET/4