From: kj4bwo@gmail.com
To: Ic7k
Sent: Saturday, April 18, 2009 1:40 PM
Subject: [IC-7000] Mobile power

Sorry if this has been covered before but I need some advice.

I am trying to use my 7k mobile with a turbo tuner and tar heel but am running into problems when tx at 100 watts.

1) When at idle or even at speed my dash gauges will start to turn off when I key up.

2) The radio will turn off when I key up.

My guess is that I am loading down the battery. I am using 10 ga directly from the battery and have also tried a 65 ah fully charged standalone battery. All rigged with powerpoles, with and without a rigrunner.

The problem goes away when I lower the tx power to about 55 watts. I am driving a 2003 chevy silverado hd 4wd quad cab long bed and the antenna is mounted to the 2" hitch receiver.

I have seen previous posts talking about how the 7k does not like less than 13.6 v.

This does not happen when inside off a power supply. I have not tried the radio on my emergency battery but suspect I would see the same results.

I have not yet bonded the vehicle but that is on my list.

I bought the radio at hamcation in orlando in feb and I remember using it most of the way back to atlanta with few problems.

Any suggestions?
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T