Yellow-headed Blackbird at Albany International Airport - images from yesterday and additional birds

scottjstoner

Thanks to Frank M for finding, and Tom W, and John K for sharing info on this rare bird. I was able to run over there around 4 PM and, after about 15 minutes  it appeared in the grass near the end of Sicker Road on the east side of Albany International Airport, and subsequently flew up to the fence along the edge of the Airport property.  Photos are included in the ebird list below. Also heard a Savannah Sparrow. Later in the evening, Denise and I did not re-find the blackbird, but Denise did hear a Grasshopper Sparrow singing from somewhere in the fields beyond the fence. Appreciate any positive or negative updates today on the blackbird to this list serve. - Scott Stoner, Loudonville

https://ebird.org/atlasny/checklist/S88315112

zach schwartz-weinstein

I searched for the blackbird between 8:16 and 9:32 AM with no luck.