Yellow-breasted Chat - Saratoga Battlefield - no

gregg_recer

tried for the chat this morning, scouring the area around W trail stop B a couple of times between 8:30 and 10:30. no luck. on the return, I heard some jumbled song way on the far side of the field south of stop B. it was intriguing with some squeaks and repeated whistled notes, but no harsh gutteral phrases I could hear. it was really distant and probably just an odd catbird, but? nothing visible. the chat could certainly still be in the area somewhere - there's a lot of what seems like good habitat. hopefully others have better luck.
--
gregg recer
malta NY