Topics

Woodcock bonanza in Salem

Scott Varney

Every other weekend, my sister Heidi and I walk the 4 mile loop from my house in Salem, up Riley Hill Road to Blind Buck Road then to East Broadway, and then back to my house. This weekend, there were a plethora of Woodcock....lots of "Peents". It seems we always find some amazing natural gems along Riley Hill Road in every season. This time the Woodcocks. Last Summer it was a firefly fireworks show that was better than the Disney performance!  On several occasions, it has been the symphony of local Coyotes that has captivated us. Gotta love Washington County!

Scott Varney
Salem NY