Topics

White Pelican in Hudson

omoo3

A White Pelican is hanging out at the north end of the Middle Ground Flats (island) north of Hudson and immediately downriver from Stockport Flats.

It can be seen from the City of Hudson, about a mile-and-a-half upriver.

Go to the northwest corner of the city to a group of city-owned, dilapidated fishing shacks (next to the wastewater treatment plant), then pull up to the train tracks.

In early August 2011, I observed a White Pelican on the Middle Ground Flats immediately opposite Hudson's state boat launch. About a week later it flew upriver and ended up in (I think) Cohoes. Nobody checked the record, though, to see that it had traveled from points south.

Timothy O'Connor
Hudson

Tom Lake

Love them!

Photos?

Last May 2, Jim Yates had one at the Kingston Lighthouse (river mile 92)

Tom

Tom Lake
New York State Department of Environmental Conservation
Estuary Naturalist, Region 3, Hudson River Estuary Program
with New England Interstate Water Pollution Control Commission
21 South Putt Corners Road New Paltz NY 12561—1696
trlake7@...