Vischer Ferry Warbler Pics and Quiz

jhershey2

I usually stay away from Vischer Ferry during much of the summer because of the bugs that seem to get worse as you get closer to the river.  This morning I finally decided to venture into that buggy “no man’s land” in search mostly of warblers because I hoped the chilly morning would deter the bugs and not the warblers.  Walking the 3 or so mile western loop starting at the main entrance wasn’t as bad as usual near the river so I kept on going.  There were plenty of warblers along much of the loop although most of them were Yellow-rumps.  However, after looking at my photos I see that there were at least 5 other warblers in the mix but in much smaller numbers.  I’ve posted my low quality warbler pics (and one non-warbler) below with my guess on the i.d. at the very bottom.  Let me know if I’m wrong.  Besides the warblers I should also mention I had Ruby-
crowned Kinglet; plus, Winter, Marsh and Carolina Wrens.  Also, lots of White-throated Sparrows.

John H.

My answers in order: Yellow-rumped, Tennessee, Blackpoll (I think the orangish feet are useful here), Black-throated Green, Ruby-crowned Kinglet, Magnolia, Nashville.

jhershey2

I failed to mention the best bird of the morning at Vischer Ferry which was my first-of-the-year Swainson's Thrush.  This is my pic of the thrush.

John H.