Vischer Ferry Migrants Today

jhershey2

I spent about 3 hours this morning at Vischer Ferry Preserve walking the western loop. It was a good morning for marsh birds including  Sora, Virginia Rail, and a chuckling Least Bittern.  I had my FOY Baltimore Oriole and  Magnolia Warbler.  Also I heard Northern Waterthrush in 3 places including by the Whipple Bridge.

Other highlights for the morning: Wood Duck (4), Hooded Merganser (1), Great Blue Heron (1), Least Flycatcher (3), Blue-headed Vireo (1), Warbling Vireo (4), Tree Swallow, Northern Rough-winged Swallow, Barn Swallow, Red-breasted Nuthatch (2), House Wren (4), Ruby-crowned Kinglet, Blue-gray Gnatcatcher (1), Veery (2), Wood Thrush (2), Gray Catbird, Cedar Waxwing (4), Yellow Warbler, Black-throated Blue Warbler (6), Yellow-rumped Warbler (everywhere), Black-throated Green Warbler (4), Palm Warbler (3), Common Yellowthroat (3), White-throated Sparrow, Swamp Sparrow, White-crowned Sparrow (1), Rose-breasted Grosbeak (3)

John H.