Vischer Ferry Migrants - Common Gallinule, Chestnut-sided Warbler

jhershey2

I found 2 new spring migrants at Vischer Ferry Preserve this morning - a heard Common Gallinule and a Chestnut-sided Warbler.  Counting the Chestnut-sided I had 12 warbler species: Common Yellowthroat, Palm, Yellow, Yellow-rumped,  Black-and-White, Black-throated Green, Black-throated Blue, Northern Parula, American Redstart, Northern Waterthrush, Ovenbird.  A few of the other migrants: Solitary Sandpiper, Least Flycatcher, Great Crested Flycatcher, Blue-headed Vireo, Warbling Vireo, House Wren, Winter Wren, Wood Thrush, Baltimore Oriole, Rose-breasted Grosbeak.  Many of these were heard only and I'm sure I missed a few as well.  I added a recording of what I believe is a Gallinule.  It was heard in the area of the back pond where this species has been seen in some previous years. The Gallinule can be heard several times about 30 seconds into the recording with a grating vocalization.

John H.