Vischer Ferry Arrivals

jhershey2

I walked the 3.5 mile western loop this morning at Vischer Ferry Preserve starting at the main entrance and got rained out after about 2 hours.  A lack of sun and light was a major problem for identifying birds but I managed to get 6 FOY species including: Spotted Sandpiper (2), Gray Catbird (3), Rose-breasted Grosbeak (3), Yellow Warbler (3), Black-throated Green Warbler (1), and Common Yellowthroat (2). Other noteworthy species include: Wood Duck, Pied-billed Grebe (1), Warbling Vireo (4) Barn Swallow, Tree Swallow, Northern Rough-winged Swallow, Ruby-crowned Kinglet, Cedar Waxwing (7), Palm Warbler (1), Yellow-rumped Warbler, White-throated Sparrow.

John H.