Topics

Vischer Ferry Arrivals

jhershey2

I had a pretty good morning at Vischer Ferry Preserve walking the 3.5 mile loop and looking for new arrivals.  I had 6 FOY species: Eastern Kingbird, Cedar Waxwing, Yellow-throated Vireo, Common Yellowthroat, Nashville Warbler, and Baltimore Oriole.  I walked part of the way with Naomi K. who was looking for Northern Waterthrush.  We didn't hear any but after she left I heard two, one in the woods in the back and one right at the Whipple Bridge as I was leaving. (As is often the case, I didn't see them).  Other new migrant species that I found this morning and on previous days: Rose-breasted Grosbeak, Yellow Warbler, Gray Catbird, Blue-gray Gnatcatcher, and Warbling Vireo.

John H.