Thursday Birding on hiatus

Naomi Lloyd

Hey folks - 24 cases and two deaths since 1/1 just in my small town.

On December 9, 2020, at 10:49 AM, "Naomi Lloyd via groups.io" <naomi_kestrel@...> wrote:

Hey Thursday birders! Tomorrow looks not-bad (above freezing by 9:00), so let's meet at the Albany Pine Bush visitor center on New Karner Rd. Masks and social distancing please!

Next Thurday 12/17 is the Saratoga Christmas Bird Count - if you're interested in participating contact Jean Holcomb jeanh46@...

Good birding!

Naomi

Naomi Lloyd

(doing this on my phone sucks)

AS I was saying --

Covid rates are shooting up frighteningly - 42% increase in the Capital Region in the past 14 days, 24 cases and two deaths since 1/1 just in my small town.
I'm sad to say I think it wise to put our Thursday group on hiatus for a while and bird safely and solitarily. Let's keep in touch by sharing sightings, hot spots, etc through social media and traditional methods, until we can meet together again. Check out:

hmbirds@groups.io

Hudson-Mohawk Bird Club on Facebook

Albany Birders on WhatsApp (contact Rich Guthrie richardpguthrie@... to sign up)

The 2021 Fun Run has just started - it's an annual informal challenge to see as many species as possible in your 11-county Region 8 area. Contact Gregg Recer to join up!  gregg.recer@...

Hope you all are enjoying our special winter visitors this year and remember -- only three months until warblers!

Keep well, and good birding --

Naomi