This week's destination: 9/16 - note time change

Naomi Lloyd

Hey Thursday birders! Batten down the hatches for this afternoon's wild weather! But it should be cleared out by tomorrow morning. I suggest meeting at the Thacher Park Overlook to take part in the Hawkwatch. On Monday we had about 750 Broadwings stream through. Can't promise that kind of numbers again, but it's worth seeing what's moving through. The raptors don't start moving early in the morning, so we can sleep in a bit and meet at 10am.
Normally I'd suggest meeting somewhere else first to check for passerine migrants, but I think the rainfall that's forecast will saturate everything. Again...

Naomi