This week's destination: 7/22

Naomi Lloyd

Hey Thursday birders! Are you dried out yet? Thursday is supposed to be perfect and they're not forecasting more Biblical floods for Wednesday, so let's give last week's destination another try.

Btw if you're doing any birding in RensCo, particularly downslope of the Plateau, be careful where you pull off the road. What looks like a washed-out shoulder may be in fact undercut pavement. Still closures and a lot of repairs in my area.

Hey Thursday birders! It's supposed to be the nicest day of the week (what luck!) but after this week+ of monsoons I'd rather stay off muddy slippery trails. Let's explore part of the new Albany-Hudson Electric Trail, starting in the Village of Nassau. Meet at the Village Commons off John Street at 8:00am and we'll walk south from there on a paved path. Plenty of parking in a gravel lot.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir//42.5144858,-73.6122449/@42.5148318,-73.6128323,18z/data=!4m2!4m1!3e0?hl=en&authuser=0

Checklist from this (last) weekend:
https://ebird.org/checklist/S91629864
(Past results are no guarantee of future performance.)

Info on the whole 36-mile trail:
https://hudsongreenway.ny.gov/albany-hudson-electric-trail

Naomi