This week's destination: 7/15

Naomi Lloyd

Hey Thursday birders! It's supposed to be the nicest day of the week (what luck!) but after this week+ of monsoons I'd rather stay off muddy slippery trails. Let's explore part of the new Albany-Hudson Electric Trail, starting in the Village of Nassau. Meet at the Village Commons off John Street at 8:00am and we'll walk south from there on a paved path. Plenty of parking in a gravel lot.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir//42.5144858,-73.6122449/@42.5148318,-73.6128323,18z/data=!4m2!4m1!3e0?hl=en&authuser=0

Checklist from this weekend:
https://ebird.org/checklist/S91629864
(Past results are no guarantee of future performance.)

Info on the whole 36-mile trail:
https://hudsongreenway.ny.gov/albany-hudson-electric-trail

Naomi

Naomi Lloyd

Heads up folks! All of RensCo is under a State of Emergency. We've had 3" to 6"of rain in a few hours, roads are flooded, trees are down, culverts washed out. I have no idea what the road conditions will be like by tomorrow morning.

If I know anything by about 6am, I'll let you all know. Otherwise check 511NY for info. On the positive side, the rain is supposed to be ending soon and with luck my sump pump will stem the tide...

See you tomorrow, maybe.

Naomi