This week's destination: 6/24

Naomi Lloyd

Hey Thursday birders! I fear the Upland Sandpipers may have deserted the horse farm in West Ames - no sightings in repeated checks the past two months. So instead let's do a Fort Edward Grasslands exploration, with a side stop in Schuylerville for the Prothonotary Warbler that as of yesterday was still singing away. In previous years we've had Sedge Wren, Clay-colored Sparrow, and Uppies in the area. No reports of any of those, either, but I'm not seeing a lot of eBirding going on around there. Maybe we'll be the lucky finders!

Meet at 8:00am at the south end of the Surrender March Trail ("The Hemlocks") and from there we can move on to Cary Rd, the Grassland trail, and maybe Dowmont Rd and the rocky flats back off Harris Road. You can decide if you're comfortable with carpooling or wish to drive alone, but parking is limited in some spots and I only have one pair of working walkie-talkies.

Hope to see you - good birding!

About .15 miles past the Garnsey Ln and all the empty trailers, on the right. Blue historical marker reads "The Hemlocks".
https://www.google.com/maps/dir//43.0751499,-73.5841882/@43.0766386,-73.5840397,1225a,35y,93.41h/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!4m1!3e0?hl=en&authuser=0

Naomi