Topics

This week's destination: 2/20 NOTE CHANGE OF TIME

Naomi Lloyd

And now for something completely different -- Owl Time!

The Short-eared Owls have been putting on a great show up in the Washington Co. grasslands, with as many as 8 seen some evenings. I propose we meet at 1:00 at the Hudson Crossing parking lot, spend several hours checking out the river and fields on both sides, then be at the Plum Road fields about 4:00pm when the owls come out of the grass and start hunting. People have been getting great looks as they swoop across the fields, sometimes perching on roadside signs.

Hope to see you there at 1:00PM! Or if you just want to be at the grand finale, park along the roadside between Plum and Swamp Roads.

Naomi