This week's destination: 1/13 - NOTE SPECIAL AFTERNOON MEETING TIME!

Naomi Lloyd

Hey Thursday birders! Looks like we'll luck out with the mildest temperatures of the week, light winds, and only a slight chance of snow showers. Short-eared Owls have been seen at both Black House and Fitzpatrick Roads before dusk, as well as a Long-eared Owl too! The Snowy Owl is continuing in the area and Harriers and Rough-legged Hawks are here.

Let's meet at the Washington County Grasslands Area AT 2:00 PM. Park in the lot there (390 Black House Rd) and we can travel around until the owls come out I hope!

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Washington+County+Grasslands/@43.2454551,-73.561531,578m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x89dfd47f6867f477:0xf12ad587a80b296e!8m2!3d43.2454551!4d-73.559337?hl=en&authuser=0

Plan a leisurely drive up - the river is beginning to freeze and concentrate the waterfowl.

Naomi

Raymond Perry

Naomi et. al.
I’m sure you have sone good intel but just to add a little, my wife and saw two Snowy Owls this afternoon
1. NE of intersection of 197/42. Near top of tree on far side of field
2. approximately 3/4 mile west on 197 from the first one we saw another on the peak if the roof of a blue house on the south side of 197
We also saw a male RN Pheasant on Blackhouse Rd. just south of 46 on the West side
A couple of Rough-legged Hawks , one dark, one light
We were out there from 2:30 to 4:00