Terns sp?, Nassau Lake

Naomi Lloyd

Squinting through the rain and mist I made out at least 6 Terns feeding on Nassau Lake. Not Caspian or Black, too big for Least, too small for Royal, pretty sure not Sooty. So, Common or Forster's? Middle of the lake but closer to the east side - my best bad look was from Lake Shore Circle Drive. Hope they stick after the rain ends!

Point is where I had the best look:
https://www.google.com/maps/dir//42.5397973,-73.5986384/@42.5382084,-73.6031339,16z/data=!4m2!4m1!3e0?hl=en&authuser=0

Also many swallows.

Naomi

Naomi Lloyd

Update: Rich Guthrie ID'd them as Black Terns. Still pretty nice for RensCo!

Naomi