Southern Rensselaer CBC, Saturday 12/24/22

Naomi Lloyd

Thanks to all who have replied. If you can't make it this year, happy holidays and I hope to see you in 2023 on the 23rd!
To all volunteers, thanks so much for your help. No problem if you need to end the day early - any data is good data and I appreciate whatever time you can give the count. Expect parties, map/forms etc by mid month.

No compilation dinner this year - I've only had one person say they were interested.

I still could use more participants. At present there are at best two people per section, and some of those only for part of the day.

Naomi

=============================

Hey, SoRensCo crew - it's almost time to gear up for the count! Please let me know your availability. Looks like we may be short-handed so I'm reaching out to some participants from previous years as well as some newbies. If you know people who might be interested in joining field teams, send 'em my way.

I'll leave it up to individual teams to decide how you want to travel - carpool, convoy, or solo like the last two years, based on your own comfort and vaccination status. If your team is split to cover different sections of your territory, I'll need a separate species list and data report for each.

How does everyone feel about resuming our traditional compilation dinner at the Lakeview Inn?

Hope to see you --

Naomi

Naomi Lloyd

Hooray, a few more volunteers came out of the woodwork and we have adequate teams for all sections (but more hands are still welcome). I'm still a bit brainfried from 2 CBCs in three days, so I will send on the paperwork and maps in a day or two. No compilation dinner this year - better luck next year!

Your birding day can be as long or as short as is convenient for you. Any data is good data. If you can scout a bit, that would be great. Remember Count Week runs from 12/21 - 12/27 and any notable birds should be reported.

Teams:
A: Tristan, Gregg
B: Naomi, Jeanette, Neal
C: George, Chris, Cindy
E: Rich & friend, Melanie
G: Jim, Eve, Jean
H: Kate, Carol, Bill
J: Deb, Nancy

Thanks again to everyone and good birding!

Here's a song to put you in the mood: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWAZ31YaIUg

Naomi

Naomi Lloyd

Paperwork, as promised.

Naomi

On Saturday, December 17, 2022, 08:05:35 PM EST, naomi lloyd <naomi_kestrel@...> wrote:

Hooray, a few more volunteers came out of the woodwork and we have adequate teams for all sections (but more hands are still welcome). I'm still a bit brainfried from 2 CBCs in three days, so I will send on the paperwork and maps in a day or two. No compilation dinner this year - better luck next year!

Your birding day can be as long or as short as is convenient for you. Any data is good data. If you can scout a bit, that would be great. Remember Count Week runs from 12/21 - 12/27 and any notable birds should be reported.

Teams:
A: Tristan, Gregg
B: Naomi, Jeanette, Neal
C: George, Chris, Cindy
E: Rich & friend, Melanie
G: Jim, Eve, Jean
H: Kate, Carol, Bill
J: Deb, Nancy

Thanks again to everyone and good birding!

Here's a song to put you in the mood: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWAZ31YaIUg

Naomi

Eve Waterman

Team G - Jean and Jim
My cell is 413-455-7785 so we can coordinate.  Don’t mind driving if you want to bird together.
Thanks,
Eve
100 Stewart Point Rd
Nassau

On Dec 19, 2022, at 5:13 PM, Naomi Lloyd via groups.io <naomi_kestrel@...> wrote:

Paperwork, as promised.

Naomi

On Saturday, December 17, 2022, 08:05:35 PM EST, naomi lloyd <naomi_kestrel@...> wrote:

Hooray, a few more volunteers came out of the woodwork and we have adequate teams for all sections (but more hands are still welcome). I'm still a bit brainfried from 2 CBCs in three days, so I will send on the paperwork and maps in a day or two. No compilation dinner this year - better luck next year!

Your birding day can be as long or as short as is convenient for you. Any data is good data. If you can scout a bit, that would be great. Remember Count Week runs from 12/21 - 12/27 and any notable birds should be reported.

Teams:
A: Tristan, Gregg
B: Naomi, Jeanette, Neal
C: George, Chris, Cindy
E: Rich & friend, Melanie
G: Jim, Eve, Jean
H: Kate, Carol, Bill
J: Deb, Nancy

Thanks again to everyone and good birding!

Here's a song to put you in the mood: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWAZ31YaIUg

Naomi

<SORensCoDataSheet.docx>
<SORensCoDataSheet.docx>
<SoRensCo CBCmap.jpeg>

suzy nealon

I am free on 12/27 to join a bird count group.
Suzy

On Dec 19, 2022, at 6:30 PM, Eve Waterman <eve.m.waterman@...> wrote:

[...]

A: Tristan, Gregg
B: Naomi, Jeanette, Neal
C: George, Chris, Cindy
E: Rich & friend, Melanie
G: Jim, Eve, Jean
H: Kate, Carol, Bill
J: Deb, Nancy

Thanks again to everyone and good birding!

Here's a song to put you in the mood: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWAZ31YaIUg

Naomi

<SORensCoDataSheet.docx>
<SORensCoDataSheet.docx>
<SoRensCo CBCmap.jpeg>

Naomi Lloyd

Good luck tomorrow and be very careful - we had more rain and snow on this side of the river and many roads had water over them in the morning. Watch out for ice!

Stay out as long as works for you, and try to get your results back to me before the New Year. Remember to keep your eyes open for good birds through Tuesday for count week - I checked Snyder's Lake Wednesday before it froze and found a lingering Long-tailed Duck!

We had some personnel shuffles and I hope everything is worked out to your satisfaction. And mark it on your calendar - SoRensCo CBC 2023 is on Saturday December 23.

Naomi