Short-eared Owl, 3751 County Road 21, Schodack Landing, New York, US (42.446, -73.732), Nov 16, 2021

kernscot

3751 County Road 21, Schodack Landing, New York, US (42.446, -73.732), Columbia, New York, US
Nov 16, 2021 4:51 PM - 5:19 PM
Protocol: Traveling
9.58 mile(s)
Checklist Comments:     Temperature 43F, clouds, sunset.
2 species

Canada Goose  6 flying

Short-eared Owl  1     Seen flying across the road in front of my car, and over harvested cornfields and at marshy gullies. Football size buff colored owl with dark wrists, wings held above body, flew low over the fields with a rocking motion, quick turns back and few wing beats.  Turned and dropped down out of sight. Dusk, 4:40 pm. I have found them at this large Gibbons Farm in previous years.