Shorebirds at Stillwater Riverfront Park

Naomi Lloyd

Following Alison's report, the Thursday birders went looking for shorebirds at Wright's Loop and Stillwater River Front Park. In the grassy circle at the park, we found 15+ Least Sandpipers, several Greater & Lesser Yellowlegs, and Solitary sandpipers. We picked out two Pectoral Sandpipers that eventually gave good looks. Best bird of the morning was a beautiful pale SANDERLING among the Leasties. The shorebirds were fairly approachable and didn't spook easily.

One of the Lock 2 Little Blue Herons continues on the Rensselaer County shore.

Naomi Lloyd